Blog · Forums · Podcast
Advertisement

Q and A with the Freefall Cast and Crew.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GG1

Location: Fictional realm of the game "Sheep Thriller" circa 2950AD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Query: All of Iron_horses.classes, Iron_horses.IQ, Iron_horses.size where Location="Planet Jean" and (Iron_horses.type="Freight" or Iron_horses.type="Express" or Iron_horses.type="Shunter")
Sauerpuss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Translation: she wants to know what kind of freight, express and shunting locomotives you have on planet Jean. What their class, level of intelligence and physical size are).
Won-Tolla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about iron horses, but they've got an iron wolf...
Radio Blue Heart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Stephan wrote:
(In what is becoming an all-too regular occurence I want to post something in this thread but I'm too worn out and tired to think of anything clever enough Sad )
Oh, go ahead, Stephan. Its never stopped me before.
Nah, too many wannabe school headmasters on these forums for me to post something without proofreading it ten times first.

True. This place can be a minefield for anyone who makes the slightest grammar or spelling error. But you need not fear. Just let go of what you have and then just try to find your legs when Won-Tolla is done with you.
Radio Blue Heart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not resist!

Florence and company may not be revolutionaries, but they do tend to shake things up a bit.
Won-Tolla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Florence and company may not be revolutionaries

Yet.
MarkStanley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Radio Blue Heart’s question of “As the only one's of your respective species on planet Jean, what is it like to be alone on a world populated by psychotic apes and overly emotional tin cans?”

Sam replies: “Psychotic? These guys are positively passive. Must be something to do with the “Everyone can have kids and I better stick around.” thing. Now the folks on my planet know how to have fun, and many actually survive after saying “Look at what I can do!” Humans are the wet blankets of the universe. The robots are more fun than the humans, but that’s only because they haven’t fallen into bad patterns yet.”

Florence replies: “Having grown up with humans, they seem normal enough to me. A little more frontier mentality, a bit less paperwork. The robots are another story. True artificial consciousness. I’d love to take a few apart to see how the emotions are weighted without using a chemical system, but that would be impolite.”

In response to Harro’s question “Naomi said you have a self -destruct mechanism . why ?”

The Savage Chicken responds: “It is standard issue on all ships capable of remote unmanned operations in case such ships become a navigation hazard.”

In response to Tuyu’s question “Do you ever "safety dance"?”

Florence replies: “Nothing wards off Murphy’s law. Never try to appease Murphy. It only attracts his attention and we know where that leads.”
Won-Tolla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkStanley wrote:
many actually survive after saying “Look at what I can do!”

"I can survive!"
Tiger_T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Sure. Wink

Won-Tolla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a flesh wound!
Sauerpuss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florence, being a highly educated female engineer would you consider yourself to be a "geek girl?"
MarkStanley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Nohbody’s question of “Ms. Ambrose, out of curiosity, why do you have your hair long(ish), instead of something less prone to get caught in machinery or whatnot?”

Florence replies: “I don’t have a lot of characteristics that make people think “Female” when they see me. Long hair helps. At least until current fashions change. There are guard hairs growing in my mane as well, so my hair stays in one place a bit easier than human hair. If I’m near rotating machinery, I wear a cap.”

Mark Stanley replies: “The long hair was purely convention on my part. I couldn’t get Florence to look reasonable without it. If I were to make her character today, I’d have done it without the hair on the head.”

In response to Stephan’s question of “Florence, were you or your kindred teased in school and/or college about being canine? Eg: a "Fido" dish and chew toy put on your desk, or in your dorm room?”

Florence replies: “I think I’ve heard every dog joke ever written. I got teased, my tail pulled, people calling me names. Part of growing up different. In hindsight, going to school with disabled children when I was growing up gave me a lot of resilience. I know I wasn’t singled out, humans do the same thing to other humans who are differently abled. And despite such things as safeguards and remotes, there are still humans who would trade places with me in an instant just to be able to walk. All in all, I’ve been treated well far more often than I’ve been treated poorly.”

In response to Tiger T’s question of “@Sawtooth:
Apart from the river for your boss (who totally deserved what he got, I'm sure), who determines (and/or tells you) where and how you should sculpt Jean to get a good result? (Presumably an environment that supports plants, animals and humans better than without your corrections)”

Sawtooth replies: “It’s been left to my discretion. I am given parameters to meet as closely as I can. Flat semi calm areas for wildlife and fish. Rivers should intersect planned town positions as closely as possible, with care taken to run through areas that crops will be planted. I am also asked to plan for future dams and reservoirs. Rivers should be pleasing to the eye and ear. I am given the location of the river’s feed source (Lake, mountain run off, plain run off) and where the river’s end point should be. I then make a river trying to meet as closely as possible all the above conditions. I am allowed to add my own touches. After one gets used to a style, you can tell who made the river just by looking at the aerial map.”

In response to Stephan’s question about Bowman’s Wolves soldiers.

Florence replies: “I don’t know how strong or removable our safeguards are. I might have an unsafe “start up” mode for troubleshooting. Being an experimental species that was done as a proof of concept for safely modifying a species on Pfouts, I would doubt I have any soft setup that would make me a killer. I’m not as “safe” as I know the humans would like me to be. But I hope never to be in the situation again where I’m forced to hurt a human in order to protect others.”

In response to GG1’s question:

Mark Stanley replies: There aren’t many trains yet. Only in the main city. Their intelligence is not much beyond the automated trains in use today. As the human population grows and the need for intercity trains increase, they will be built. Current trains are two passenger lines and five freight lines.

In response to Stephan’s question:

Florence replies: “I consider myself an engineer. Which is sort of like a geek, except we use bigger hammers. Smile
ARF2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florence, I see the Savage Chicken does not have to hard dock with the satellites to deliver reaction mass. But, how do you connect the umbilical. Does this require an EVA? Or, is there a steerable device or manipulating arm we have not yet seen that allows you to do all that from your control station?

Beyond infinite precision, you can round off directly to the limit
—without all that tedious mucking about in shrinking deltas and epsilons.

Last edited by ARF2 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Won-Tolla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawtooth wrote:
I am given the location of the river’s feed source (Lake, mountain run off, plain run off) and where the river’s end point should be. I then make a river trying to meet as closely as possible all the above conditions.

Reminds me of the orchestral part of A Day In the Life. "Here are two notes. Start on this one, together. End on this one, together. Improvise."
MarkStanley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to Arf2's question:

Florence testing the umbilical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Talk About Comics Forum Index -> Freefall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 23 of 40

Jump to: