Blog · Forums · Podcast
Advertisement

Heya, some questions/comments about MAXimum from newibe...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SevenFisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Heya, some questions/comments about MAXimum from newibe... Reply with quote

*NOTE: Sorry if non-webcomic creators can make threads..I did read rules, honest. And I have little problems with my english (with being deaf and all that) - sorry for any my grammar/english mistakes Embarassed *

Hello fellow people, yesterday, at 2AM(UK time), I was bored and was searching for webcomics, that's "yiffy" or mixed, and I found MAXimum.

I was like: "Hmm, might give some strips a read"..and I got addicated reading your webmag, I really enjoyed the story so far and I liked the art style. Very Happy I got sadden when I reached the end of the strip, I wanted to read more. Crying or Very sad :p As of humour level, it wasn't really high, but still great enough to make me smile with some laughter.

Anyway..sorry for my random blahblah and stuff, hope you don't mind answering these questions, although you don't have to answer them.

1) When does it get updated? Every week, or often?
2) Is it kind of yiffy/mixed comic? Sorry for erm, that question - just I've found MAXimum on one of yiff sites (sorry, I forgot the URL ._.;; I wasn't really take attention of the site I use to search for these webcomics..)
3) I'm sure I do recall there is a site somewhere that tells about MAXimum, but I don't have URL..so...when MAXimum first started? And what made you guys start to work on the MAXimum?

Well, that's all questions I asked, you don't have to answer them - I'm just curious, after all.

Sorry to waste your time folks..umm yeah..*blush*(x100)...now I'm acting like Chet...I guess I'm shy as him, eh? ^.^;

-SevenFisher
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrifterTWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seven,

Thanks for your comments, it's good to hear from newbies every once in a while. We rarely use the forum as it is Smile

I'm glad you like MAXimum, a couple of the links I've found are not working correctly I will have them fixed soon, but let's get to your questions:

1) When does it get updated? Every week, or often?

MAXimum is updated every Wednesday. I usually have the strip ready to go and I upload it when I get home from work. Asterius, the artist and writer usually has them available. If we reach a point where he doesn't have anything, we put up a proper notice.

2) Is it kind of yiffy/mixed comic? Sorry for erm, that question - just I've found MAXimum on one of yiff sites (sorry, I forgot the URL ._.;; I wasn't really take attention of the site I use to search for these webcomics..)

No, it's not really a 'yiffy' comic. It's a bit of a borderline Slice of Life/Fantasy comic. The characters are very muscled and supposedly well endowed. But Asterius didn't intend for it to be a yiffy comic. You may have found the link here from a bookmark I share with someone else, this is my personal Furnation web space that I put the comic on so old links here would bring up the comic.

3) I'm sure I do recall there is a site somewhere that tells about MAXimum, but I don't have URL..so...when MAXimum first started? And what made you guys start to work on the MAXimum?

MAXimum was started about two and a half years ago, it's Asterius' baby, Blathering Bear (the colorist) and myself suggested he start a comic strip because he had a kind of a toonish style to it. The comic was once hosted on keenspace, and you can still see it there, however due to upload problems and advertising issues I couldn't keep it up well there. The old page was http://maxminotaur.keenspace.com, it has since been moved to http://www.furnation.com/furryden

----
It occurs to me that you may have come to this page from the wrong link. It's still updated every week, make sure the bookmark is correct http://www.furnation.com/furryden

Please let us know if you have any more questions Smile

SJ+++TG++CA+++A+++MB+Fan++Fa+Furs+Fury+++Tiff+Con+Wens+Leo++
Spot+++Wolf+++Lna+Roo+++Com+Yin++Ape+Ram++Tash+Ard++Kat+Glo-DzW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SevenFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for answering the questions. ^_^ As of the new link, I've realised that so I changed the bookmark, thanks for pointing that out. I don't want end up disappointment when there's nothing new this Wednesday. Razz

As of new questions, I'll be sure to ask any more when I have them, although here's one:

How do you carry out the comics? Such as scanning the comic on paper, then use Photoshop/Fireworks to colour? I only ask of this as I plan to create my own webcomic someday after NQ Graphic & Digital Design so I can learn how to draw things in new way (I love to draw...even though I need to improve my drawing. ._.;; )...

Still, no need to answer that if you don't want to. ^.^.

Anyway, keep up with your great work on MAXimum, and I can't wait for new strip. Very Happy

EDIT: Fixing a missing words and such...I forgot to proofread....Embarassed

Last edited by SevenFisher on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrifterTWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to get Asterius and BB to come on and answer that for you. I run the pages, they make the comic Smile

SJ+++TG++CA+++A+++MB+Fan++Fa+Furs+Fury+++Tiff+Con+Wens+Leo++
Spot+++Wolf+++Lna+Roo+++Com+Yin++Ape+Ram++Tash+Ard++Kat+Glo-DzW
SevenFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, but if they don't want being dragged to this forum, then it's fine, lol. Razz

And one question I've meant to been ask, but wasn't gonna ask because it can contain spoilers (if it is, just say "wait and see, you noisy <word>" ) but Chet having a mate that's "male" and shocked by two main characters, is this hinting that Chet is gay? (Not that I have something against them, I don't mind them - I'm just wondered) (EDIT: By that, it's this quote: "Also to the surprise of Max and Aaron, he has a male for a mate." - I'm not exactly sure what that means other than above)

Sorry for - erm, alot of questions, but I'm always like that when I have greater intereset in something, such as videogames series, movie series and some of comics. Embarassed
Asterius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy!

Sorry I don't get here much. Thank Grifter for alerting me.

Lessee. I do the inital art and BB works his magic on his coloring program to jazz it up and make it the masterpiece it is.

I do the plot as well but BB, Growan and others have contributed ideas. Thanks guys.

Yiffy? Well, so far we've seen Tobruk's butt and there have been inferences of adult goings on. But I try to keep the strip fairly oriented to most all viewers.

I try to keep the strip reasonably light hearted even tho serious issues will inevitably pop up.

Yup, you guessed it. Chet IS gay and very loyal to his mate. This will play a role shortly. Stay tuned!

Lessee, I've bound to have forgotten something. Oh well, something for the future.

Thanks again for watching and hope you continue to enjoy.
SevenFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, glad to meet you. Smile I like your work. ^_^

Asterius wrote:
Howdy!

Sorry I don't get here much. Thank Grifter for alerting me.

Lessee. I do the inital art and BB works his magic on his coloring program to jazz it up and make it the masterpiece it is.

I do the plot as well but BB, Growan and others have contributed ideas. Thanks guys.

Sounds pretty hard work, but paid off in the end. Smile

Quote:
Yiffy? Well, so far we've seen Tobruk's butt and there have been inferences of adult goings on. But I try to keep the strip fairly oriented to most all viewers.

I try to keep the strip reasonably light hearted even tho serious issues will inevitably pop up.

Ahh cool, I'd sometimes* like to read a webcomic that's suitable for all viewers. Smile

*Sometimes - most of time actually.

Quote:
Yup, you guessed it. Chet IS gay and very loyal to his mate. This will play a role shortly. Stay tuned!

Glad to see there's a gay main character with others in webcomic. ^-^

Quote:
Lessee, I've bound to have forgotten something. Oh well, something for the future.

Thanks again for watching and hope you continue to enjoy.

I would like to say thank you too for making one of good webcomics, I really enjoyed it alot. Out of some webcomics I've read, MAXimum is nice comic mixed with humour, a touching storyline (I like that bit with Max and his first fan who is a little girl, I think it's cute Embarassed ) - think it's my first one that's not based on videogames that invloves the storyline (First one was Kid Redd, or something he's called) and I can't wait for new strips in the comic. Very Happy

-SevenFisher
SevenFisher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, one more question (sorry folks Embarassed) but it's about advertising your webcomic: I know of how to add your webcomic affliation button, but I've noticed some other webcomics asked people to save the image, then upload it to their own domain to save their bandwidth. I had viewed any information of advertising your webcomics but it didn't say about hosting your buttons on people's own server to order to save bandwidth for you guys? I hosted one of your buttons on Imageshack.us just to make sure, but I'd like to know if you would like people to do "host it on Imageshack" to save bandwidth, or you don't mind if people just used buttons on your server?

(Yes, I advertised your webcomic on my website section of links/webcomis - hence the question. Wink Razz )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Talk About Comics Forum Index -> MAXimum! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: