Blog · Forums · Podcast
Advertisement

Galaxion GAMoween Spot-The-Difference!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttallan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Galaxion GAMoween Spot-The-Difference! Reply with quote

So you've all read Traci's Galaxion GAMoween story, right? Wasn't it amazing?

But there's more to the tale.

Traci emailed me the 8 pages worth of files, and I read them and had my socks knocked off my feet and then my husband uploaded them to Girlamatic for me, to be ready for Tuesday's post. A short while later I get another email from Traci with three more files, and a note saying she'd found a few mistakes and had corrected them. So I looked at the new pages, and could not figure out for the life of me what she'd changed. I opened the original page files to compare, and couldn't figure out what she'd changed. I opened the two files side by side and couldn't figure out what she'd changed! What mistakes???

After leaving the computer to do other things and coming back to look again at the pages several times, I eventually spotted the mistakes on pages 2 and 3, but the final page, page 6, completely stumped me, and it wasn't until Traci told me what she'd corrected that I finally saw it.

So here are the original pages:

Are YOU smarter than a comic artist [meaning me]? How quickly can YOU spot the differences?

[Edit:

WARNING!!!

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!
.]

[1 Edit: fixed permalink]

Last edited by ttallan on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
sushux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: filling in the black... Reply with quote

2 - panel 2 collar
3 - panel 1 arms, panel 3 collar
6 - panel 3 pants
Layla Lawlor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! That was fun! The only one I could find was the one on page 3, though -- for the others, I ended up *ahem* cheating, and overlaying the pages in Photoshop to find the differences. (But I tried! Really!) Traci did a fantastic job on this!

... apropos of nothing, I just realized that I'm still logged into Talkaboutcomics! When was the last time I posted here? Last year? Huh! I figured that I'd have to go through several pathetic attempts to log in without being able to remember my username or password. Yay for technology! I don't remember what my user picture was, though. Guess I'll find out when I click ... *submit*.
Maelstrom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always amazes me how much Traci puts into her comics, even including guest comics! It's always funny and top-quality, and she strives for perfection while the rest of us are blinking and saying, "But. . . but it looks fantastic already!"

Lynn :)
TCSpencer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I had my sister proofread before I sent them to you, and she missed all the mistakes. There's one more no one's mentioned yet-Aria's arms on page three, panel one. Lord knows how I caught them. I had a comic go to print once with a sleeve not blacked in, saw it when I got my comp stack of the issue, and have been needled by it ever since. Ah well, even the great Jeff Smith had a little "x" in a panel where he forgot to black it in, and that was on a graphic novel. Perfection is but a sweet, distant dream....

Tara, thank you so much for your sweet, fun commentary on the comic. I'm so happy you like it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Talk About Comics Forum Index -> Galaxion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: