Blog · Forums · Podcast
Advertisement

The Pathfinder (hint: not a car)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttallan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: The Pathfinder (hint: not a car) Reply with quote

In the Galaxion universe, the Pathfinder is neither a Nissan, a movie, nor a Mars Rover (although I guess that last one is close). It's the first ship that the Nelson Project team used, with mixed success, to test the Jump Engines. All this backstory will eventually come out in the current version, but since a whole pile of you already know it, I figured I'm not giving too much away with this post.

Here's a page from the Prologue, which told the story of the Pathfinder in brief:

The 9-page Prologue appeared first in Thieves & Kings #16, and also in the Galaxion Graphic Novel. Look at all the tone! Since then I've been too lazy to use that much tone in my comics-- hard to believe, now, that back then I had to cut out sticky little pieces of Letratone with an X-acto knife to do that (which is why I gave it up). Only a couple of years later, everybody switched to digital, and I still have a drawerful of that evil stuff in my basement. It's a horrible thing to have to scan-- I have yet to properly fix it, so I apologize if it looks terrible on your screen.

Anyway, this page will give you a bit of an idea of what happened on the Pathfinder. Unfortunately I changed certain details in the webcomic just enough to make this short story no longer quite right-- they all ought to be wearing Interplanetary Patrol uniforms, for example. D'oh!

(1 Edit: changed post from "sticky" to "normal")

Last edited by ttallan on Tue May 29, 2007 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
TCSpencer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, old screentone...I have about a hundred sheets of that stuff somewhere. Bloody waste, as I went digital (and then to colour) only about half a year after I bought a good fifty sheets on sale at the Heindo. Well, Aedan can have fun with it later.

Thanks for sharing, though! Even though I've read that prologue, it was nice to have a quick reference!
ttallan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory of Letratone, particularly when we were sharing an apartment with Mark Oakley and both he and I were using it in our comics, was tiny bits of Letratone everywhere-- on your fingers, in your hair, on the floor, on the cat. And it was expensive! Which is why I can't bear to throw it out. I even have a stack of those rub-on letters they made. I hang onto it all with similar hopes-- that one day my kids will play with it. Because, you know, it's just so, um, cool. Yeah, I'll just keep telling myself that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Talk About Comics Forum Index -> Galaxion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: